Yeast infection is a type of infection that is caused by yeast. Yeast is a type of fungus that is normally found in small amounts on human skin and in moist areas of the body, specifically the vagina and the mouth. One of the most common kinds of yeast is the Candida albicans, Candida albicans is the fungus that is usually responsible for vaginal infections.
When there will be an overgrowth of the fungus, that is when it will be considered as an infection. Candida is very keravita pro common in women, and it is even estimated that 20% to 50% of healthy women are having yeast in their vaginal area.
Normally, the body’s immune system controls the amount of yeast present in the body, however, when the body’s immune system goes low or if a person is taking antibiotics, yeast can easily multiply and can possibly cause thrush. Since yeasts are found in almost all parts of the human body, manifestations of Candida vary according to location.
· Mouth – Oral thrush (white patches found in the buccal mucosa of the mouth) is a kind of yeast infection.
· Esophagus- Esophagitis is an infection of the esophagus which is caused by the spread of thrush down to the esophagus.
· Vaginal Area- Vaginitis also known as Vaginal Candida infection. Burning sensation during sexual intercourse, painful urination, abnormal foul smelling white (cottage like) discharges, rashes on the vaginal wall and itchiness are some of the manifestations of vaginal infection.
· Skin- itchiness and rashes can be caused by yeast infection
· Blood- yeast infections in the bloodstream can be fatal and needs prompt treatment.
Antifungal medications come in creams, ointments, suppositories, and creams are used as a yeast infection treatment. Using antifungal medications should be used only when there is really a presence of fungal infection. When you used it without any fungal infection, you will develop antifungal medications resistance.
Aside from antifungal medications, there are also a lot of Candida remedies that are used for thrush, may it be natural remedies and/or home remedies. Here are some examples of commonly used yeast infection remedies:
· Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural yeast infection treatment. It can be directly applied to the affected area where there is yeast infection. It is very important to dilute the pure tea tree oil before directly applying it to the affected area. A compound of tea tree oil, terpinem-4-ol is thought to be responsible for tea tree oil’s healing effect.
Probiotics are sometimes called the good bacteria are naturally present in the Gastrointestinal tract and vagina. When probiotics are present, growth of harmful bacteria are suppressed. This is the reason why probiotics are commonly used as an excellent remedy.
There are many types of probiotics, but Lactobacillus are believed to be the perfect probiotic against Candida infections. Probiotics are available in many ways, oral supplements is one of the most commonly used probiotic.